Candidate will perform dimensional sizing and design of “tools” / “molds” that thermally form cavities in PVC sheet to accommodate the cradling of Pharmaceutical tablets as well as die stamp tooling to stamp and cut PVC sheet. Candidate will also design automation devices and machinery that interfaces with mold and die tools. Such design requires proficiency in close tolerance design.
- BSME or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years recent experience with mechanical design of thermal molding or punch style tooling.
- Experience in the selection of tool steels to be used in tooling designs.
- Strong knowledge base of fabrication methods and processes with tool steels such as milling, plating and coatings with an understanding of cost impacts.
- Proficient in high precision, close tolerance tooling designs.
- Proficient in SolidWorks 3D and MS Office.
- Proficient in the metric system of measurement.
- Experience in thermoforming PVC “clamshell” packaging a plus.
- Strong knowledge base of fabrication methods and processes.
- Proficient creating detailed fabrication drawings from 3D models.
- Experience in the selection of tool steels used in tooling design.
- Understanding of automated machinery and similar mechanical engineering functions associated with tooling design.
- Machining background preferred and CNC CAM experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced collaborative team environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and communicate technical information.
- Professionally interface with engineering staff, purchasing group, shop personnel and outside vendors.
- Must be innovative, resourceful and disciplined when resolving technical challenges.