The CNC Programmer will operate CAM software to convert virtual 3D engineering models of machinery parts into machine tool code files for 3 axis and 5 axis machine tools in a low part count, high volume machine shop environment. The CNC programmer will help establish work flow routings through the machine shop. The CNC programmer will report to the Machine Shop Manager.
- 3 years of recent experience operating CAM software.
- Experience with Delcam “Feature Cam” software preferred.
- CNC Machinist / Manual Mill Machinist experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering part drawings.
- Ability to program machine tool code using commercial software running on PC computer. (Preferably Delcam “Feature Cam” software or Mastercam software.)
- Working knowledge of metric dimensioning.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in machining techniques: milling, turning, and grinding practices.
- Experience in various cutting tools used in CNC mills and lathes.
- Experience in fixtures and set-ups.
- Experience in machining various materials i.e., aluminum, steel, stainless steel, tool steel, and engineered plastics.
- Experience in work flows and routing schedules through a machine shop.
- Ability to work as part of a team and understand the need to be flexible.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SolidWorks 3D Engineering software.
- The ability to work in an organized manner and be able to cope with pressure on occasions.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with employees at all levels within the company.
- Be prepared to work occasional overtime when required.