Vision System Product Line Manager
As Vision System Product Line Manager, assume complete responsibility for quality inspection department, which includes the following items:
Product Line Management:
- Complete responsibility for Scanware product line.
- Obtaining and communicating information from customers in order to allow proper specification of necessary hardware/software, both to Scanware and internally to allow for accurate quotation generation.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Identification of weaknesses and implementation of improvement plan.
- Communication with Scanware Germany regarding quality issues.
- Responsible for ensuring proper, accurate and organized record keeping of system configuration details, documentation, and inventory.
- Generation and follow up of system quotations.
- Ensure proper hardware is quoted and implemented on new machinery, field installations and existing system upgrades.
- Answer questions regarding system capability and promote value added features.
- Analyze customer needs and propose solutions.
- System Spec/Product Testing.
- Acquire and test sample product to recommend appropriate systems/system configurations. Identify any project specific concerns and spec the best components for the specific application.
- Promotion of existing product line (system sales, service and training).
- Pursuit of potentially new product lines.
- Management of quality inspection department staff.
- Scheduling of tasks, setting/monitoring priorities and schedules.
- Setting/monitoring of department and individual goals.
- Employee Feedback/Reviews/Improvement.
- Ensure proper communications between all internal and external parties.
- Coordination of field installations.
- Oversee efforts in obtaining all necessary information of host field machines to ensure timely and efficient field installations.
- Product line training – internal and external.
- Ensure that quality inspection department staff as well as Pharmaworks field service technicians are continuously trained and up to date with the latest training documents to ensure they are able to effectively and autonomously support systems we have installed.
Product Technical Support:
Our responsiveness to customers is what makes the difference between PharmaWorks and anyone else. Since often we are not in full control of this product line (we are dependent on the software and hardware changes done by 3rd parties), it is of utmost importance that we are able to effectively support every system that is sold and installed by Pharmaworks.
- Overall responsibility of handling of incoming service
- Ensuring that staff is available and trained to react to customer technical support needs.
- May include phone support for customers who need further information about the functionality of the system or customers who have experienced a system malfunction.
- Must be able to diagnose a problem and determine the best corrective action.
- Must be able to go on-site to support (train or maintain) the product.
- Acquisition and maintaining of relevant support
documentation is imperative to ensuring fast and accurate technical
- Including accurate revision control on system configurations, electrical schematics, electronic manuals.
- Maintaining of technical support files.
- Candidate must have a strong background in vision inspection systems on automated machinery.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills required.
- Sales experience required.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and basic mechanical assembly skills required.
- Must be familiar with computing in general. Fundamental IT type experience required.
- PLC/PC programming experience a plus.
- Ability to travel for sales, field installations, training.
- Candidate must be very detail oriented and possess
exceptional organizational skills.
- Good Documentation skills important for qualification support and maintaining of active knowledge base.
- German or Spanish speaking a plus.
Candidate must have earned at least an associate degree in an engineering or IT related field.