CNC Operator / Machinist
The expectation of Machinist / CNC operator is to produce high precision parts to drawing specifications utilizing machine tools and hand tools. The machinist will have an established knowledge of machine shop practices and experience operating CNC and manual equipment found in a machine shop environment. The machinist will report to the machine shop manager or shift supervisor.
- 2 year technical degree, trade school training or apprenticeship program in a mechanical discipline or tool and die making.
- 5 years of recent history operating manual machine tools.
- 2 years of recent history operating CNC machine tools. Preferably HAAS equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings prints.
- Set-up a machining task and produce quality precision parts efficiently.
- Ability to inspect close tolerance part features using gage blocks, indicators, bore gage etc.
- Working knowledge of the metric dimensioning.
- Understand fixture set-ups and ability to create fixtures as needed.
- Ability to operate and input data into PC.
- Experience in machining various materials i.e., aluminum, steel, stainless steel, tool steel, engineered plastics.
- Ability to contribute to driving process improvements.
- Personal tools such as Allen wrenches, basic wrenches, calipers, indicator, edge finder, micrometers, surface gage, etc.